Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Advanced settings do not show USB Storage on c7100v

33Tomo
Initiate

Advanced settings do not show USB Storage on c7100v

I have just purchased a C7100V Modem Router combination. My WD My Book 1tb drive worked on my wndr3400v2 and I want to use it on the new router. Reading the user guide, it tells me to go to Advanced, USB tab and make sure that acess to the USB drive is enabled. I don't get a USB tab on advanced

I am running Win 10 and have tried all of the other ways the user guide tells me to use. I cannot connect the drive with Genie, a stick drive is not recognized either.

I don't want the drive connected directly to the computer usb, because it takes too long to boot. Please help

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
33Tomo
Initiate

Thank you for your help.

I called support and they told me that it might be a hardware problem with the router. A new router fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 4

All Replies

The C7100V is a Cable Modem Voice Router. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice there related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

@33Tomo wrote:

I am running Win 10 and have tried all of the other ways the user guide tells me to use. I cannot connect the drive with Genie, a stick drive is not recognized either.

I don't want the drive connected directly to the computer usb, because it takes too long to boot. Please help

Those 2 lines you posted are interesting.

The last link more so. I've got a 4TB WD ext. on my PC running W10 Home V1903 and my boot drive is an SSD. My boot time is measured in SECONDS... also wife's PC, W10 V1903, also an SSD boot drive, just as fast and also with a 4TB WD external drive (both are USB 3.0). I'm wondering if CHKDKS needs to be run on your drive? That might slow down boot, or your CPU is quite slow would be the other reason. Is this USB drive a Portable one?

I'll assume the drive is formatted NTFS. Since it did work on another NG router, the question becomes did you change anything since it was connected on the old router? Don't know if the internal firmware on the router has the same filesystem so it could be drive related. Single partition required which I also assume it is. It also must be self-powered, portable USB  drives generally will not work as they draw power from the USB port.

Back to the flash drive, did it work on the old router? Does it have a program that runs to use the flashdrive? Some do and actually have 2 partitions so they can't be used.

In both cases for the devices, I'd take them to a PC and run CHKDSK /F on them to insure there are good. Look to see if there are any updated files on them.

@33Tomo wrote:

Reading the user guide, it tells me to go to Advanced, USB tab and make sure that acess to the USB drive is enabled. I don't get a USB tab on advanced

I looked at your Manual, http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C7100V/C7100V_UM_EN.pdf and you might want to look at page 53.

---------------

Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > USB Settings.

--------------

Message 3 of 4
33Tomo
Initiate

Thank you for your help.

I called support and they told me that it might be a hardware problem with the router. A new router fixed the problem.

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7