After downloading firmware, all security settings were disabled. How do I turn them back to on?

wyattemtv
Follower

After downloading firmware, all security settings were disabled. How do I turn them back to on?

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: After downloading firmware, all security settings were disabled. How do I turn them back to on?

What settings are you referring to?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
McLong
Apprentice

Re: After downloading firmware, all security settings were disabled. How do I turn them back to on?

Yes, the security settings are gone after latest firmware including but not limited to preventing DDos attack and RTS scan. This morning I had two nighthawk app notification that read "hello test".
Reviewing the system logs shows that during that time the log was flooded with a date of December 31, 1969.
After firmware update the sections is missing for security settings in the router settings. Please advise.
Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

That was a test from Netgear I received it as well.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
McLong
Apprentice

Netgear should release an official statement via email.
Message 5 of 6
bugmenot2
Apprentice

The WAN security settings include port scan protection and denial of service (DoS) protection.

This can be found in ADVANCED > Setup >WAN Setup.

Is this what you were referring to?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E