Airprint/Bonjour to HP printer no longer working wirelessly

cmott62
Follower

Airprint/Bonjour to HP printer no longer working wirelessly

I recently bought this Nighthawk R6260, but since then, wireless printing to my HP D110a wireless printer no longer works from iOS devices.  I can print via Android or Windows, but the printer simply does not show up as a valid Airprint-capable printer.  The previous AP, a Cisco Meraki, had no problems, nor did a Linksys, but the Netgear simply won't allow the printer to be seen.

I realize that connecting the printer to the AP and sharing it may address the issue, but this is physically impossible as the printer and router are in different rooms.

Please help me fix this or else I must replace the NetGear with another brand where this is supported - and I like the Netgear!

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Re: Airprint/Bonjour to HP printer no longer working wirelessly

Greetings,

This is not an issue with your router, instead something with your configuration.

Suggest you follow the steps in this KB article:

AirPrint iOS

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.68 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

Re: Airprint/Bonjour to HP printer no longer working wirelessly

One thing that the article does not suggest, at least I did not see it, is to remove and reinstall the software on the iOS device. Have had a wireless attached printer for years and sometimes when I changed network environments, I would have to reinstall the software. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements