Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: All WiFi devices randomly lose internet but still connected to R7800

Tallica
Aspirant

All WiFi devices randomly lose internet but still connected to R7800

Hi everyone,

So I'm having an issue with my router. I just bought it earlier this week. Randomly the Internent access will be lost to the smartphones in the house. The devices will still be connected but will have no internet access. This happens at different times to different devices. It's not just phone's either, it seems to be all wifi connected devices, Laptops, Kindles, PS3's, etc.... All Ethernet connected devices seem to work flawlessly though.

My setup:

I have Verizon Fios and Ethernet run from the ONT to the WAN port of my R7800 running FW 1.0.2.36.  From there I have my desktop, PS4, and printer connected to LAN ports 1, 2, and 3 of the router. Port 4 is connected to a LAN port my Fios supplied router which is also connected by coax so that the guide and VOD still work on my Fios TV. Also I have turned off the wifi radios on the verizon router.

Hopefully I've overlooked something dumb. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

I've been pulling my hair out over this for a couple days now.  Thanks

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Tallica
Aspirant

RMA'd the router. New one setup and wifi has been rock solid. Seems like I did have faulty hardware.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
AntonK_58
Tutor

I was having a similar problem, but with my Amazon Echo device. I turned off the router's HT160 feature, and that fixed it.

Maybe a long shot, but worth trying?

Message 2 of 7
Tallica
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, that setting is off by default and this was happening before I turned it on. I just did a reset of the router. We'll see if that does it. So far so good , but it's early
Message 3 of 7
Tallica
Aspirant

Annnnnd, more drops, IDK what is going on

Message 4 of 7
Tallica
Aspirant

Call to Netgear support, they had me reflash the fw and change wifi channels for 2.4 and 5ghz. Told me to moniter it and if t doesn't improve in the next 3 days to call back. Happened again 2 min after getting off the phone. Grrrrrrrr

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Tallica.

Call support again and inform them of your monitoring.

Message 6 of 7
Tallica
Aspirant

RMA'd the router. New one setup and wifi has been rock solid. Seems like I did have faulty hardware.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7