the computer does not see the router and there is no wifi

Please help 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: All indicators flash synchronously and router doesn't works

There is a manual for the R9000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Nighthawk X10 R9000 | AD7200 Smart WiFi Router| NETGEAR Support <<<<

Page 153 may help.

My first move would be to try a factory reset. See page 161.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 7
Vrdo72
Aspirant

Hi
thanks for your reply
When I leave the router off for 1 day and then turn it on again, I can access it through the router's web page
Just at this very time I was able to reset to factory settings, and it went well
But after 5-10 minutes of normal operation, it again falls into a panic and all the LEDs again begin to flash synchronously as before
Thanks for any help

Message 3 of 7

Thank YOU for the clarification. Your explanation suggests that things are not quite as grim as they might be. You see some signs of life from time to time.

When you have a router, the modem is an important part of the network. What do you run on that front? Is it, by any chance a combined modem/router? Tell us what it is. Don't be inhibited by the fact that it may not be a Netgear box.

I ask because if you have a modem/router, you have the possibility of conflicts between your Netgear router and your modem/router. The symptoms you see could be down to that.

You could also try to reboot the whole network to see if that helps.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 7
Vrdo72
Aspirant

thank you for your help
I no longer use my X10 on my network since it does not provide me access to the Internet
I connect it to the power supply and to my iMac, that is, I do not use any router with it so that there is no conflict whatsoever

Message 5 of 7

Yet more new information.

So what is the R9000 doing? Working as a "switch" to connect other devices to one another? Wifi from what to what?

In your first message you said:

All indicators flash synchronously and it is not possible to use the router, the computer does not see the router and there is no wifi Please help

That's it.

I'm afraid you won't get much help fixing problems when you are using something in an environment unlike anything that the thing was designed for. If you really want help, you will have to describe in detail what you are doing. We aren't mind readers.

Message 6 of 7
Vrdo72
Aspirant

Oh sure
excuse me, please
I bought it on ebay, new in original sealed packaging
When I received it by post and brought it home I connected it instead of my old Netger WNDR3800 router, it has been running for 5 years and I wanted to update it
I have my Erickson GPON fiber optic modem from my ISP and it serves to provide internet tv and phone to my home
I connected my new X10 as the old VNDR3800, but it worked only 1-2 hours and I already watched these blinking indicators
Now I've disabled it from my home network and am trying to figure out why he does not want to work properly.
Thank You in advance

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E