Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Am I right in assuming that the R7800 DOES NOT support Vlan amd ONT connections

bmitie
Tutor

Am I right in assuming that the R7800 DOES NOT support Vlan amd ONT connections

Just purchased the R7800 and I cant see anyway to configure Vlan in advanced settings.

Looks as if I bought a pup, not made clear in the specs.  I assumed R7000 meant the series.

bye bye netgear forever

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Am I right in assuming that the R7800 DOES NOT support Vlan amd ONT connections

no, you can't add Tomato. Only on the R7000 and R8000. The R7800 is Qualcomm based and Tomato is only for Broadcom routers

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

None of NETGEAR's stock firmware supports VLAN settings which can be modified by the user. You'll have to resort to third party firmware

Message 2 of 6
bmitie
Tutor

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Interesting. I've never seen that on my R7000 on stock firmware but then again I only used stock for a few months long ago. Maybe someone could help on the R7800. I don't have that router

Message 4 of 6
bmitie
Tutor

I know I was wiating for latest version of router!!   

Can I add tomato to this one?

It was expesnive so I dont want to brick it.

Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

no, you can't add Tomato. Only on the R7000 and R8000. The R7800 is Qualcomm based and Tomato is only for Broadcom routers

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7