Amazon devices constantly disconnecting (wired and wireless) after update to 1.0.9.88

Wibbler
Follower

Amazon devices constantly disconnecting (wired and wireless) after update to 1.0.9.88

Very strange issue. I upgraded to 1.0.9.88 on my Nighthawk R7000 and immediately several of my Amazon devices ( 2 X Fire TV and 2 X Echo Plus units) were rendered virtually useless. A couple of the devices are wireless and a few are wired to the router. On the Amazon devices, you can check the network conenction and on this screen it shows that the connection to the internet was dropping out and reconnecting constantly / randomly every few seconds.

No other devices on the network (PC's, phones, laptops, tablets) had this problem. 

I have just rolled the firmware back and the problems are solved and back to normal.

I just looked at the release notes for the latest firmware and saw that DLNA, itunes sever and a few other bits have had support dropped. Just seems to be a very strange issue and I cant be the only one that has experienced this? Any ideas what the issue was?

Thanks,

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Stuartnc
Tutor

Re: Amazon devices constantly disconnecting (wired and wireless) after update to 1.0.9.88

Same. I reverted to .42 firmware a week ago. Problems gone. Haven’t touched the router since. I did not even do a hard reset.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E