Amber Light for internet won't change despite trying normal fixes

Nkeis
Follower

Amber Light for internet won't change despite trying normal fixes

I have owned this router for about 3 years now have used at 2 different addresses and haven't had a problem with it up until this point. Yesterday the "internet may not be available message" appeared on my phone and pc near the wireless connection indicators on the devices. When I went to investigate, I found that the internet connectivity indicator was an amber color and would flash occasionally. Naturally I decided to power cycle the modem and router in as this would normally fix most issues. This didn't work. I tried calling Comcast to reset the modem and that didn't work. I tried updating the firmware (which i believe I did correctly) and that didn't change anything. I hard reset the router and modem and that didn't do anything either. I have also tried 3 different ethernet cords to no avail. To me it almost seems like there is an interruption in communication between the modem and the router, but it has to be an issue with the router as we have an entirely different router plugged into the second port on our modem and it works just fine. Any other suggestions or am I just S. O. L. on an expensive piece of equipment? I'm not sure I'd feel confident buying netgear in the future if this is what happens to their products in such a short time, especially with such a limited warranty. I'm desperate for a solution that doesn't require a replacement.
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
antinode
Guru

Re: Amber Light for internet won't change despite trying normal fixes

> [...] this router [...]

> Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router

Is that accurate?  Firmware version?

> [...] Yesterday [...]

And what happened yesterday?

> [...] I decided to power cycle the modem and router [...]

What is your "the modem"?

> [...] it has to be an issue with the router as we have an entirely
> different router plugged into the second port on our modem and it works
> just fine. [...]

Or, you can have only one device connected to your (unspecified) "the
modem".  It's hard to be sure when only one of us knows what all this
equipment is, and exactly how it's all connected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E