Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amber internet light after changing ISP

stephen5510
Follower

Amber internet light after changing ISP

Hello

I have a Nighthawk X6 r8000 router but when we changed ISP from BT to Sky the internet LED is a constant amber. It says on set up page there is no broadband connection. The Netgear router is in the other side of the house to the incoming broadband router (now Sky was BT) connected by an ethernet cable run around the house. When I physcially moved the Nestgear router and connected it to the Sky router with another cable everything works fine. I can't believe the ethernet cable that runs around the house has developed a fault at the precise moment we changed ISPs? Any ideas?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Amber internet light after changing ISP

Hi stephen5510,

If you connect a computer directly to the cable on the other side of the house(where NETGEAR router is located), will it go online? We have to check the cable is working if a computer is connected instead of the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi stephen5510,

If you connect a computer directly to the cable on the other side of the house(where NETGEAR router is located), will it go online? We have to check the cable is working if a computer is connected instead of the router.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi stephen5510,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7