Re: Ambient Weather Cam

jhahnwx
Aspirant

Ambient Weather Cam

I have a Ambient Weather Cam connected through my Weatherunderground personal weather station.  I can also connect to it through ip address or at least I used to be able to.

Since I have updated the firmware on the router it will connect only for a few seconds before it fails.

I suspect there may also be an issue with the eset security package I have installed.

Anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

Message 1 of 6

@jhahnwx wrote:
Since I have updated the firmware on the router ...

And that router is?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
jhahnwx
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@jhahnwx wrote:
Since I have updated the firmware on the router ...

And that router is?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 6

Was there supposed to be an answer in there?

All I see is a repeat of my reply to your first message.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
jhahnwx
Aspirant

Netgear R7000

Message 5 of 6

And did you reset?

Just another user.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E