Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Android phone connects to R7000 but no internet

PawBor
Aspirant

Android phone connects to R7000 but no internet

Hi,

My R7000 router does not allow internet connection for android devices (phones). Tried both Samsung and Motorola and the result is the same - device connects to wifi but cannot get internet connection. I have no similar problems with around 20 other types of devices (iphones, macs, roomba, iot devices, windows, etc. ).

I've found similar issue here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-wifi-stops-connecting-to-android-devic...

, but i have firmware V1.0.11.123_10.2.100 which I assume should contain hot fix 1-0-9-26.

Any ideas? I have one - get rid of Netgear firmware which constantly lowers its quality and go for DD-WRT.

Best regards

Pawel

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Portwey84
Virtuoso

Re: Android phone connects to R7000 but no internet

@PawBor  My first observation, like so many who pop up on here to contribute, you're firmware isn't up to date. Indeed the firmware you have stated has been pulled anyway and is no longer listed. The latest firmware can be found here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000063843/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-126

As for your Android device, you haven't stated what version of Android you are operating. It seems if everything else you state you have connected on WiFi works ok, then the issue is your Android devices or of course, your router. I had an issue with my Nokia phone connecting to my Bosch infotainment head unit in my Suzuki. I subsequently discovered I was behind on firmware updates on my car infotainment. I downloaded the latest firmware and guess what? My Nokia now connects faultlessly.

*quote* Any ideas? I have one - get rid of Netgear firmware which constantly lowers its quality and go for DD-WRT. *unquote)

You appear to have answered your own idea!

My own opinion is, the Netgear R7000 AC1900 is a great router, as long as it seems:

1. You don't live in the USA because by and large this is where most of the criticism seems to originate from. Not sure if it's enviromental issues, ISP issues etc, but if you read through the mountain of posts on this forum, that's where most of the problems seem to come out of. I just don't get how a particular model of router can be consistently problematic in one country and not in another. I've never had an issue with mine that wasn't self generated!

2. You actually bother to read the product manual and know how to use it

3. You take the time to keep on top of the latest firmware

I'm sure you'll find the solution, but I'd start by getting your router/phone firmware up to date first.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7