Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Any suggestions...

stickaforkinme
Aspirant

Any suggestions...

...on a replacement for my Nighthawk? Non-Netgear preferably, and less than $200. I dont want to feel like Jody Foster as I throw the hunk of plastic in the trash 6-8 months later.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
doraemon
Prodigy

you may wanna check out amazon for reviews.

i've had old linksys (wrt54g) and netgear (wgr614) that are still working. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

you may wanna check out amazon for reviews.

i've had old linksys (wrt54g) and netgear (wgr614) that are still working. 

Message 2 of 4
OneRingRules
Aspirant

I have had Linksys, Netcom, FritzBox, Netear and Billion. If you want a small home device with ability to also run multiple Dect phones, answering system on multiple mail boxes, easy to use and set up, dual wifi bands I would highly recommend the FritzBox models. 

If you want a high end device with some control then the high end Nighthawks work pretty well. I am currently using the Nighthawk X4S both ADSL2 and also Ethernet via NBN. Connectivity is excellent and the latest firmware ver .38 seems to fix most niggles.

Over time I have found that most all devices have some shortcoming or other. You cannot manage everything with one device is what I have found. If you want telephony you need a dedicated telephony device. If you want to manage firewalls and traffic flow you need a device and a subscription service. BUT for the average household the FrizBox and Netgear are great and I recommend both. 

Message 3 of 4
stickaforkinme
Aspirant

After checking Amazon reviews, I have decided on the Securifi Almond 2015 ($99). Over 8k reviews on their initial model ($69), almost 90% give 4+ stars - 78% were 5 stars. Done! Touted as a smart home device, Securifi's Almond line will allow me to expand the network to incluce more units as extenders, and add security cameras without another control box. But why listen to me, go check it iut for yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087NZ31S/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_LNQewb4WTEQPC
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7