Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any thing I can tweak??

Izzylagging
Follower

Any thing I can tweak??

Xbox 360 (newest version)

R7000

Fiber Optic 1gb down / 1 gb up (on Speedtest.net I average about 700 up/down with a 8 ms ping from a server 237 miles away)

Xbox is hard wired into router and I have all QOS disabled. 

Is there anything I can do to take full advantage of my Internet speed in regards online gaming?? Just to be clear I dont have any real issues, most games are decent but I just expected it to be better. I dont notice any real difference from when I had Comcast that was a much slower speed and way higher ping. I mainly play Call of Duty and from what I understand most of them use Lag Comp and at times it feels like they kill my connection to equal the playing field. Any sugguestions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Any thing I can tweak??

The round trip time at the speed of light over 237 miles is about 2.5 ms, so an 8 ms ping time is pretty good. Make sure your modem is set to bridge (or IP Passthrough mode if you have AT&T Gigapower).  Don't use QoS, Access Control, keyword blocking or anything that requires the router to perform any kind of extra packet processing beyond basic NAT. Like you said, COD Lag Compensation is going to penalize you, anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Any thing I can tweak??

The round trip time at the speed of light over 237 miles is about 2.5 ms, so an 8 ms ping time is pretty good. Make sure your modem is set to bridge (or IP Passthrough mode if you have AT&T Gigapower).  Don't use QoS, Access Control, keyword blocking or anything that requires the router to perform any kind of extra packet processing beyond basic NAT. Like you said, COD Lag Compensation is going to penalize you, anyway.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7