Anybody do a setup with a CISCO DPC3825

fitpony
Novice

Anybody do a setup with a CISCO DPC3825

Hi,

Just picked up this router yesterday and having a horrible time setting it up. I get limited or no internet connection as soon as the X6 is added to the setup. Can't even complete the Genie. Spent lots of time on the phone with Netgear techs and they say the X6 and Cisco are not compatible. Shaw is my internet provider and discussed with them, they've never heard of this before and the Cisco is their only modem that can be used as a bridge. Anybody have any ideas before I take this router back? I was super excited to get this going but nothing but frustration so far.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
netwrks
Master

Re: Anybody do a setup with a CISCO DPC3825

That seems odd. I'm with Rogers. Up to a couple of months ago, I had the R7000 connected to a CISCO DPC3825, in bridge mode, with no issues at all. I'm on a Hitron now.

So, what exactly is the issue? Did you hard reset the Cisco? Do you get a link light on the interface when you plug the two of devices together? What port are you plugging into on the R8000? Have you verified that your RJ45 cable is good? Using CAT5E or CAT6?

If you can avoid using the Genie for setup, do that.
Message 2 of 6
netwrks
Master

Did you put the Cisco into Bridge mode, or, did Shaw confirm it was in Bridge mode? If you plug into a port on the Cisco, what IP Address do you get?
Message 3 of 6
fitpony
Novice

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't gone as in depth with the information you are asking but here is some more info. Definitely not the cable. Used the cable that came with the router and also used the older cable that was working with my dlink. Both work fine. I unplugged the everything and ran through the set up exactly how you are supposed to. Always shows unidentified network or limited.
Message 4 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Reset and reconfigure. By the way may I know what is the IP range from your CISCO?
Message 5 of 6
fitpony
Novice

So in the end shaw techs came to my house and did some testing. Couldn't figure it out so switched my modem, same model. Works good now. No explanation as to why but all good. Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E