Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone else still having problems with FW 1.0.3.4?

Redpaw
Aspirant

Anyone else still having problems with FW 1.0.3.4?

So multiple times now I've tried the FW 1.0.3.4 and it either stops trafficing wireless data on the first or second day or stops talking to certin devices which include; Wii-U, Acer Aspire 7750 and a Kyocera with Andoid Lillipop. So I have to restart router and then the same thing happens the next day.

I've tried the everything including the promised fix, Save settings to a file, restore to factory default, update firmware, restart, reinstall firmware, and restart. Still does the same thing. And this is without adding the settings back, so it's completely default.

So I've been forced to stick with V1.0.2.46_1.0.97  which I have to restart every now and again. Seems to be every couple of months.

This has the symptoms of a memory leak.

Anyone having the same problem or any fixes?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kbosward
Aspirant

Re: Anyone else still having problems with FW 1.0.3.4?

Nope, no longer having problems with FW 1.0.3.4 -- I got rid of it and installed Tomato by Shibby instead! Takes a bit of setting up, but gives me full QoS control on my slow ADSL link and has built-in OpenVPN. Shibby has updated the firmware already 3 times this year. No way I'm going back to original firmware even if they do release an update, which seems highly unlikely as the R8000 appears to have been abandoned, now 12 months since 1.0.3.4 release.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kbosward
Aspirant

Re: Anyone else still having problems with FW 1.0.3.4?

Nope, no longer having problems with FW 1.0.3.4 -- I got rid of it and installed Tomato by Shibby instead! Takes a bit of setting up, but gives me full QoS control on my slow ADSL link and has built-in OpenVPN. Shibby has updated the firmware already 3 times this year. No way I'm going back to original firmware even if they do release an update, which seems highly unlikely as the R8000 appears to have been abandoned, now 12 months since 1.0.3.4 release.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7