Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: App says internet Offline, but everything works except my FireStick and Fire TV

wnwilkerson
Initiate

App says internet Offline, but everything works except my FireStick and Fire TV

We set up our new router and everthing seemed to be working fine.  On the NightHawk app dashboard it says "Internet:  Offline", but I am able to connect to the 5G on all of our phones and computers and it is working great.  Should I be concerned that it says  Offline?

Our FireTV was working fine and now none of our fire devices will work.  They connect but "with problems" and we get no internet connection.  We have rebooted the Nighthawk and all of the fire devices.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wnwilkerson
Initiate

Re: App says internet Offline, but everything works except my FireStick and Fire TV

Thank you all - we were able to get it corrected. The Nigjthawk app showed that we had no updates available, but when we logged into the Netgeat site there was an update available and it corrected the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 5
myersw
Master

Are you using the same SSID as before? If so you may need to do a forget, or whatever it is called on the Fire equipment and create the wireless connection again. A new router can push connection info that conflicts with what the device currently has. Folks have to do the quite often on iPhones when a new router is introduced. 

Message 3 of 5
wnwilkerson
Initiate

Thank you all - we were able to get it corrected. The Nigjthawk app showed that we had no updates available, but when we logged into the Netgeat site there was an update available and it corrected the issue.
Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

@wnwilkerson wrote:

Glad to hear you are up and running. Thanks for the update to help others.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7