Apple products won't connect

ZAWolfie
Guide

Apple products won't connect

Lately my Apple Products won't connect to the WiFi about 70% of the time. This is happening on 2 different iPhones (iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8). Our Roku, Windows Laptop, etc. connect with no issue. We are on the latest firmware. Has anyone else had this issue? We've confirmed whenever friends come over they have the exact same problem if they have an iPhone. And when I say it won't connect, we get the "incorrect password" error. If we place the device within an inch of the router, we have better luck getting it to connect. 

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 19
Richard1864
Luminary

Re: Apple products won't connect

Have you tried resetting your network settings on your Apple devices? Settings>General>Reset Network Settings.
Message 2 of 19

@ZAWolfie wrote:

Lately my Apple Products won't connect to the WiFi about 70% of the time.

Smells like rotten apples.

In addition to the advice from @Richard1864, have you tried telling these devices to forget the wifi link and recreating it from scratch?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

I did try that, but it didn't seem to work. There's a new Apple Update out today, so maybe this will fix it. 

Message 4 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

Yes I did try that. I just updated to the new iOS software. I'll update once I'm home if the update fixed it!

Message 5 of 19
myersw
Master

Apple devices connect fine to my network.

Of course no Netgear routers are allowed on my network.

Are you getting a clue?

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 6 of 19

@myersw wrote:

Of course no Netgear routers are allowed on my network.

What informed input can you expect from someone who boasts about not using anything made by Netgear?

I think we can safely ignore anything posted by this tedious "contributor".

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 7 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

Seems like he's super bored. 

Message 8 of 19
myersw
Master

@ZAWolfie wrote:

Seems like he's super bored. 

Yes because he has no Network issues with his configuration, unlike you Netgear gearheads. Been there done that do not need to go back. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 9 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

Get a job man. And calm down. There are way better things to do with life than worry about this then. 

Message 10 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to uncheck the Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence in the wireless settings?

DarrenM

Message 11 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

I have not! What does that feature do when on?

Message 12 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

https://kb.netgear.com/30228/How-to-disable-20-40-MHz-Coexistence-on-a-NETGEAR-router

I have heard sometimes messing with setting will get apple devices to work.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi I cannot remember what I changed my router password to.  I reset it and still it does not let me using user name: admin, and password: password.  I tried to use forgot password and I enter the router's serial number and nothing happens.  I click countinue and nothng hapens.  I tried it with the caps locked and without I made sure the serilal number is correct, etc .  I have Netgear genie installed, but I want to get into my router to change settings that I need t so my router wors beter. If anyone could help me I would greatly apprciate it. thank you so much, Jay

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I need help getting my passwird please help thank you so much...

Hi I cannot remember what I changed my router password to.  I reset it and still it does not let me using user name: admin, and password: password.  I tried to use forgot password and I enter the router's serial number and nothing happens.  I click countinue and nothng hapens.  I tried it with the caps locked and without I made sure the serilal number is correct, etc .  I have Netgear genie installed, but I want to get into my router to change settings that I need t so my router wors beter. If anyone could help me I would greatly apprciate it. thank you so much, Jay
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 15 of 19
Rolling_hill
Aspirant

We have had a similar issue since we upgraded firmware to v1.3.1.44 but the only devices that won’t work are the MacBook Airs that our kids get from school.  They are locked down so we can’t make any changes to them.  The tech people at school say its an issue with our router.  The MacBooks show they are connected to our network and our NETGEAR router shows they are connected but we are not able to pull any data through.  Our personal MacBook Air works and so do all of our other iOS devices.  Any ideas?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 16 of 19
ZAWolfie
Guide

The latest iOS update fixed it for us. Hopefully one comes out for macs soon!
Message 17 of 19

Re: I need help getting my passwird please help thank you so much...

Has this got anything to do with the Apple issue that is the subject of this conversation?

You have just joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

You would do better to start with a new question.

See the button Create a New Discussion at the home page for this section.

Nighthawk WiFi Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

Message 18 of 19
TricBox
Initiate

I too have been having problems with my Apple products and the 5 Ghz channel. I had to put the mode down to "up to 800 Mhz". As soon as I put it in "up to 1733 Mhz" I have problems. I have not been able to figure this out. It will work for a little while and then they all get disconnected. When trying to reconnect it states it's the wrong password or just will not connect. Any ideas? I already updated the router to the newest firmware. It is in AP mode and all Apple devices are up to date.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E