Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Aussie Broad Band NBN HFC and Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 Issues

GreedyGuido
Aspirant

Aussie Broad Band NBN HFC and Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 Issues

I have been using Netgear routers for almost 30 years and recently upgraded from an N900 to a Nighthawk XR1000.  My two kids and I do a lot of gaming and I like the features the XR1000 offered to gamers.

When I first upgraded to the XR1000 I was with Optus Cable (in Australia) but a week ago I transition to the Australian NBN via the HFC option.  The XR1000 is running the latest firmware (58).  The XR1000 ran fine when connected to Optus Cable other than I did note I was having issues with staying connected with the 5G Wifi .

The XR1000 was connected to the NBN HFC via Aussie BroadBand using WAN and Dynamic IP allocation and after a router reset to clear any old connection data (reset NBN modem as well) from Optus the XR1000 connected to the NBN.  Aussie BroadBand does not use usernames and passwords under NBN.

The problem is that the XR1000 won't stay connected.  Both WiFi and Wired connections randomly drop of.  The XR1000 internet light is active but my PC and other hardware indicate connection to the XR1000 but no internet access.

I tried everything I know to make this connection stable but the issue continued.

To ensure it wasn't the NBN HFC modem I went and purchased a NetComm NF18ACV which is on the Aussie BroadBand approved list (basic little router).  Connected using WAN and Dynamic IP allocation as per the XR1000 and straight away connected to the NBN and stable.  No drop outs on either the Wired or Wifi interfaces.  Is there a Firmware issue with th XR1000 stopping it staying connected.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Aussie Broad Band NBN HFC and Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 Issues

Please visit and post about this over in the Nighthawk Gaming Router forum for your model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Thank you, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7