Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BRING BACK Remote Management to your routers!

xacepro
Aspirant

BRING BACK Remote Management to your routers!

I wasted a ton of time and support was completely unaware about this.

https://dongknows.com/netgear-kills-web-based-remote-management/

Bring the feature back or your will be loosing a ton of customers. Remvoing a feature is not a way to do security!

Message 1 of 3
Chris-Jordan
Aspirant

Re: BRING BACK Remote Management to your routers!

Hello, I'm having the same problem. If you have a solution, please share it as I'm looking for it.

Message 2 of 3
xacepro
Aspirant

Re: BRING BACK Remote Management to your routers!

We should all post here about the issue. I have a case open and the customer service was very kind, but nothing has been done about the case. I have a significant investement in expensive routeres and now I can't use a basic feature.

The idea to do everything from an app may be good for average users, but when you need to support others and if you need to fine tune things remotely, it sucks.

The tech SIN that Netgear did, was by removing a standard basic feature and functianlity from their routers and not adding that in release notes. That is a BIG NONO.

My next step is to get attention of large media sites, like LinusTech,Cnet, Amazon, Newegg, etc. and try to make it more in the news. I am convinced that many more advanced users will just drop Netgear because of this.I will give Netgear a chance to remediate this, but soon I will go and post on all the sites about this, as users should know before they buy a $400 router

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7