Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BT TV

jamieblack78
Aspirant

BT TV

I really need some help if anyone knows how to set this router up for bt tv that will be great it seems poitless to spend £240 on a router i cant use (i only need to find out how to set it up to work with the iptv) thanks.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jamieblack78
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the help ive manged to solve it when the two options i had didnt work, i chnaged the subnet of the R8000 and stuck the bt hub in the wan port of the R8000 so i can use the fetures of the R8000 but evrything seems to be working thanks.  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

There are two options.  Experiment and use the one that works.

1. Uncheck the Disable IGMP Proxying box under WAN Setup. OR
  2. Follow the instructions on page 41 of the manual (link) to set up a bridge group.  You will want to assign the Netgear router port your BT box is 
Message 2 of 5
jamieblack78
Aspirant

Sadly none of these work any other sugestions? 

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Hmm, the bridge group should have worked.  It essentially connects your BT TV box directly to the Internet.  How did you set it up?

Message 4 of 5
jamieblack78
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the help ive manged to solve it when the two options i had didnt work, i chnaged the subnet of the R8000 and stuck the bt hub in the wan port of the R8000 so i can use the fetures of the R8000 but evrything seems to be working thanks.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7