Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Back to My Mac & VPN services

jsalda
Aspirant

Back to My Mac & VPN services

For some reason, all of the sudden, Back to my Mac and my VPN server are unreachable for devices behind my router. I had everything working fine for months, could get to just about any computer or printer from my house, now, all of the sudden, I can't reach anything when I'm home. I haven't touched any settings, only firmware updates. Not exactly sure when the problem started to occur, though, so I can't be for certain if a firmware update was the cause. UPnP is turned on and I have the proper ports forwarding to my VPN server.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jsalda
Aspirant

That's a good suggestion. After deeper investigation, it seems that there were a number of things compounding the problems. 1) For some reason, my iCloud account was not authorizing on ANY of my machines, 4 of them total. Signed out of iCloud and signed back in on all 4 of them. 2) The VPN service on my server wasn't working correctly, rebooted the server.

Now everything is working correctly. I should know better, it's always the simple things that are the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi jsalda,

1. If you bypass the router, will those services works?

2. Try to reset the router and manually reconfigure.

Message 2 of 3
jsalda
Aspirant

That's a good suggestion. After deeper investigation, it seems that there were a number of things compounding the problems. 1) For some reason, my iCloud account was not authorizing on ANY of my machines, 4 of them total. Signed out of iCloud and signed back in on all 4 of them. 2) The VPN service on my server wasn't working correctly, rebooted the server.

Now everything is working correctly. I should know better, it's always the simple things that are the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7