Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bad 5Ghz Radio

Dustyfingers
Aspirant

Bad 5Ghz Radio

I came home one day and none of my devices would connect to the 5Ghz band on my R7000. The signal was very poor and when I would try to connect it would get a response that the passphrase was incorrect. The 2.5Ghz band was working. I performed a factory reset and still had the problem. Verfied that the 5Ghz band was turned on. I updated the firmware to the latest. Tried changing channels on the 5Ghz band. Nothing resolved the problem. Any ideas? Bad radio and this thing is toast? It's not even a year old.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Bad 5Ghz Radio

just a guess.

Firmware update was turned on and there was a firmware up.

Quite often what needs to be done after the update is to do a reset and reconfigure. ;(

IMHO should not be needed, but  currently seems to be the case. 

If after update and reconfigure still issues then provide router model and firmware version. Number not something like latest.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

just a guess.

Firmware update was turned on and there was a firmware up.

Quite often what needs to be done after the update is to do a reset and reconfigure. ;(

IMHO should not be needed, but  currently seems to be the case. 

If after update and reconfigure still issues then provide router model and firmware version. Number not something like latest.

Message 2 of 4
Dustyfingers
Aspirant

I was skeptical since I had already done a reset prior to doing a firmware update, but after doing another reset following the firmware update, it seems to be working correctly. Strong signal now from 5Ghz band. So weird.

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@Dustyfingers wrote:

I was skeptical since I had already done a reset prior to doing a firmware update, but after doing another reset following the firmware update, it seems to be working correctly. Strong signal now from 5Ghz band. So weird.

Thanks for the update. 

Not everyone updates with a fix. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7