Bandwidth on R8000 drops to 45Mbps, when PC connected directly to modem bandwidth is at 165Mbps

Athiu
Aspirant

Bandwidth on R8000 drops to 45Mbps, when PC connected directly to modem bandwidth is at 165Mbps

If I bypass my wireless router I can get up to 165 Mbps, this was confirmed on three speed test sites (my service is for 200Mbps down/20 Mbps up). 

With my R8000 in use my bandwidth drops to 45Mbps.  Teseted speed on three different sites to verify resaults.  Changed ethernet cables but made no difference.  Rebooted both modem & router several times and still nothing.  To clarify, this is all ethernet wire tests, not wireless.

Why is my bandwidth dropping?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Re: Bandwidth on R8000 drops to 45Mbps, when PC connected directly to modem bandwidth is at 165Mbps

Is the router new, or new to you? Did you upgrade the R8000 firmware? If yes, did you do a reset to factory default after upgrade?

Message 2 of 4
Athiu
Aspirant

Re: Bandwidth on R8000 drops to 45Mbps, when PC connected directly to modem bandwidth is at 165Mbps

netwrks,

thanks for the prompt post.  I did upgrade the firmware and also read on another post where someone had suggested to disable QoS.  The problem is I could not find this option using the NetGinie app.  I had to open the Netgear config page via a browser and then was able to locate and disable Qos.  I repeated the test and I am now at 140 Mbps... not the 200Mbps but at least not at 45Mbps.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

if you upgraded the firmware, I suggest resetting the router to factory default and re-configure from scratch, if you have not done so, already.. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E