Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Being blocked from certain websites

adkrealtor
Aspirant

Being blocked from certain websites

Hi - i know this has been previously discussed but thread was closed becuase it was a few years ago. Hi - I'm actually going crazy with work - and can't access my website because it's blocked. I had been working on a phone/unsecure website a few nights ago and I think I caught something.  My website is blocked from all my mac laptops at my home. Can't retireve email email.  I tried un plugging the modem;router/turning off the laptops waiting 5 minutes then rebooting. I had a hard time folloiwng your instrucitons from an ealier thread a few years ago. Any thoughts? My IT guy is out of town until Wednesay and I'm losing my mind 🙂 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
adkrealtor
Aspirant

My 20 year old neighbor/computer tech figured it out.  The server that I hosted my website on, black listed my IP address because I had too many incorrect password attempts 🙂  I didn't know that was even possible! It also black listed my phone, which used my home wifi /same IP address.  We emailed the server and asked them to "white list" my server which they did within 10 minutes.  I was ready to blame Vladimir Putin! 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
elitwo
Aspirant

r6100 - having same problem - believe is started with some malware - anyone have a clue?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
adkrealtor
Aspirant

i'm hoping the retired netgear master wizard Babylons will find this and help. I can't reach hism directly

Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@adkrealtor What's the model number of your NETGEAR device?

Do you remember enabling "Block Site" or "Parental Control" feature on your device?

Can you post a screenshot of the message you're getting when visiting a site?

Did you try factory reset on the unit? Resetting will wipe out all the settings so you will have to reconfigure the router to get back the connection.

Message 4 of 7
Flimpy
Aspirant

Have you tried accessing your web-site frim same device but away from home (to exclude router from the picture). I have similar issue with my website (hosted by Knownhost) - I can't access it from my laptop or phones from inside or outside of the house. I was able to access it via VPN though (from my house). Other people can access it from their devices (not tested in my house). My point is, this issue may be more complicted than just a router's fault. 

Message 5 of 7
adkrealtor
Aspirant

My 20 year old neighbor/computer tech figured it out.  The server that I hosted my website on, black listed my IP address because I had too many incorrect password attempts 🙂  I didn't know that was even possible! It also black listed my phone, which used my home wifi /same IP address.  We emailed the server and asked them to "white list" my server which they did within 10 minutes.  I was ready to blame Vladimir Putin! 

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@adkrealtor Glad it was all sorted out. Thank you for the update!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7