Highlighted

Best Firmware for Nighthawk R7000?

I recently purchased the nighthawk r7000 from Amazon (January 2016) but have noticed my internet connection just suddenly shorts out and disconnects everyone and everything connected to it. This has happened consistently over the past two months and it's frustrating me. I'm looking at the possibility of other firmwares so I wanted to open this up and get some feedback on what is the best firmware for the R7000. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 31
Highlighted
Prodigy

Re: Best Firmware for Nighthawk R7000?

both wired and wireless clients affected?

Message 2 of 31
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 3 of 31
Highlighted

Yes, I don't game online very often but on the occassions I do I will play for about half hour and it'll just cut out, kicking me out of the game and sign me out. When that happens I go to check on a laptop to see if it's just my ps4 or if everything is affected, wireless will sometimes be fine and other times not work either. I then turn the router off and back on and that will fix it for about a day then it'll repeat it over again.

@storm1985 wrote:

both wired and wireless clients affected?

Message 4 of 31
Highlighted

I'll have to double check on what my current firmware is but I will keep this in mind! Thank you!

@searay wrote:

Message 5 of 31
Highlighted
Luminary

Did you try V1.0.6.40_1.1.90?

I suits me! But I advice you to download the current regular version too in case you have trouble. Version V1.0.6.40_1.1.90 is a beta. But in my situation it is a stable one.

Message 6 of 31
Highlighted
Luminary

V1.0.6.40_1.1.90, tested with my R7000 in AP mode only.

- Modem Draytek Vigor 130
- Firewall/Router pfSense 2.3.1 (Supermicro A1SRi-2558)
- AP Netgear R7000 (Stock FW)
- Switch Cisco SG350-10
- HTPC Intel NUC5i3RYH
- NAS Synology DS1515+(5x5TB)
- NAS Synology DS213+ (2x3TB)
- Laptop AlienWare M17R2
Message 7 of 31
Highlighted

Where can I find this firmware? I can only seem to find "R7000-V1.0.4.30_1.1.67"

Message 8 of 31
Highlighted
Luminary

Usually Google will do a good job..... or search this forum may also help!

https://goo.gl/rwHUVs

Message 9 of 31
Highlighted

Thank you good sir! I promise I did a Google search but only found some links in a foreign language that would seem to only let me download if I was registered (that's what I got out of google translate anyways)...thanks again!
Message 10 of 31
Highlighted

@mostafa113 wrote:
Thank you good sir! I promise I did a Google search but only found some links in a foreign language that would seem to only let me download if I was registered (that's what I got out of google translate anyways)...thanks again!

Here is a link to the beta firmware that you're looking for....I just updated my R7000 with this firmware and so far its doing fine.  Hope that helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gff35js08j6nzof/R7000-V1.0.6.40_1.1.90.chk?dl=0

Message 11 of 31
Highlighted
Aspirant

Any idea when this version is going gold? Or will there be yet another beta revision coming out?

Message 12 of 31
Highlighted
Tutor

Can I upgrade my 1.0.6.28 to the beta 1.0.6.40, keeping my settings?  Can I then also upgrade from the Beta to the next production release, easily?  Thx

Message 13 of 31
Highlighted
Master

Hi Miked2,

You may upgrade to beta firmware and use the same settings and you can still update if  a new official firmware will be released.

Message 14 of 31
Highlighted
Luminary

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Miked2,

You may upgrade to beta firmware and use the same settings and you can still update if  a new official firmware will be released.

Are you sure that this is the right answer? As I understand Miked2 wants to back-up and update his settings from a file that he saves from his present firmware. I read all the time on this forum that you have to re-set your router after update and that you should NOT restore them from a back-up, but manually.

So I like to know what is a good way to proceed.

Message 15 of 31
Highlighted
Guide

Alweays a chance that settings could break when doing firmware upgrades so best practice is to manually re-enter all settings at the end of the update.

Having said that though, I went from 1.0.3.61_20140605_QA to 1.0.6.40_1.1.90 without any manual re-entering of settings and all is working fine.  Thats a pretty big jump in versions right there but it could also be due to the settigs I use, (or rather the ones I don't use).

Just try it and see.

Message 16 of 31
Highlighted
Tutor

Netgear:  Is the dropbox link in the post above a legit copy of the beta firmware?  Thx

Message 17 of 31
Highlighted
Aspirant

Where can I find the beta version I need to enable my arlo camara and I dont have a base station.

Message 18 of 31
Highlighted
Master

Hi Miked,

It is a legit copy for the beta firmware. It is recommended as well to reset the router and manually reconfigure after the update.

Message 19 of 31
Highlighted
Master

Hi Miked,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. Please tag the appropriate reply as the " Accepted Solution".

Message 20 of 31
Highlighted
Tutor

Message 21 of 31
Highlighted
Master

Hi Miked2,

Please provide us an update with your inquiry if we were able to provide the information you needed.

Message 22 of 31
Highlighted
Apprentice

In the meantime, could you perhaps provide the rest of us with an ETA. for the new "repaired/fixed" firmware version for the R7000 model?

I don't feel safe about using a firmware version classified as beta, as I'm sure many other users does too!

So an ETA. would be much appreciated!  ;-)

Message 23 of 31
Highlighted
Tutor

I am up and running on the beta.  It is much better now, but would prefer a real release of the firmware.

Message 24 of 31
Highlighted
Master

Hi Mr_DJ,

As of now we still do not have an ETA as to when the official firmware will be released. We apologized for any inconvenience but engineers are making sure that the next firmware will be able to address all the issues.

Message 25 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements