Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best Settings For LBK1220 ??

Devon99
Aspirant

Best Settings For LBK1220 ??

I've recently purchased a 4GX Orbi Modem
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/lbk1220.aspx
but my internet is constantly fluctuating, I'm not sure if it's the firmware, position, distance, settings, or what, but I'm having constant download speeds of 1-10 mbps but keeping a solid 35-38 mbps upload, so I'm not sure what's going on.
if anyone can help me with settings, or anything to help boost my speed, I'll give you us much detail as you need to do so.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 4

@Devon99 wrote:

I've recently purchased a 4GX Orbi Modem
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/lbk1220.aspx

That's a router. No modem involved.

What modem, if there is one, do you have in front of this router?

Your unnamed Internet service provider is probably the best place to ask about the best settings for its network.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
Devon99
Aspirant

sorry, meant Router, 
I'm using Telstra 5G 400gb home//mobile broadband 
the tower is 250 meters from my home, and at most carries a 700mhz 4G connection
Telstra is useless when it comes to giving advice, they just read off of prompts
so that's why I'm here

Message 3 of 4

@Devon99 wrote:

I'm using Telstra 5G 400gb home//mobile broadband 

OK. That's a different sort of Internet that means nothing to me.

Unfortunately, I doubt if there are many people here with deep experience of wireless Internet like that. It probably isn't something that Netgear has looked at in any detail.

The best bet might be to see if Telstra has a similar user group where customers share their experiences.

You aren't the first person to turn up here with that service, so, if you haven't tried it already, this might be useful:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Telstra mobile broadband

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7