Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best settings for AC 1900 for dual Ethernet use

Danny1013
Follower

Best settings for AC 1900 for dual Ethernet use

Hello all,

So my Girlfriend and I pay for xfinity internet service, paying for 150mbs download 5mbs upload. Originally we were running just a regular single Ethernet port modem which was connected to a tp-link router.

I game during the day while my wife often works from home in the office with me. When using the set up of the single port Ethernet modem, running to the router which was then supplying my pc and her pc via Ethernet connection. The only problems we had were just slow speeds, didn’t really disconnect is often or anything, just slow. So we decided we wanted our PCs plugged directly into a modem so that we get the most speeds!

So we bought a AC 1900 modem router combo... now with this set up. Both of our PCs are plugged in via Ethernet to the back of the AC1900. Hers in port 1 mine in port 4.. now since moving to this set up we are getting disconnected constantly and I am receiving frequent spikes of packet loss while playing games. When I run a speed test I am still getting 120 mbs average download and 5 mbs upload.. so I’m thinking it has something to do with the passage of the wifi or maybe the settings in my ac1900.. anyone have any suggestions on what to do or good settings to handle all the traffic and what not within my modem?

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Best settings for AC 1900 for dual Ethernet use

@Danny1013 wrote:

So we decided we wanted our PCs plugged directly into a modem so that we get the most speeds!

That will not get you more speed. A modem with a separate router will be just as fast.

Unfortunately, I'm finding it difficult to understand what is going on at your end.

You say you have two PCs plugged into the modem/router. But then you throw in wifi. Where does that come into the picture?

@Danny1013 wrote:
now since moving to this set up we are getting disconnected constantly

Disconnected how? Internet? Ethernet? Wifi?

Do the LEDs offer any clues? How about the logs for the C7000?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7