flimps
Aspirant

Best use of R7000, Nighthawk AC 1900

I have an Nighthawk AC1900 and would like to make the best use of it.

I currently have a new modem-wireless router provided by my telephone company. This modem-router has connection of a telephone.

My question is

1. Should I connect the AC1900 to the modem –router I have? Both transmit WI-FI
  2. Should I buy a new modem and connect the AC 1900? The telephone company one will be redundant and not sure I can connect the phone on the R7000.
  3. Connect the AC1900 through a powerline adaptor? This will even extend further my Wi-Fi reach.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Best use of R7000, Nighthawk AC 1900

Set the R7000 as a wireless repeater. This way you can cover more wireless range.

Message 2 of 4
flimps
Aspirant

But that won't divide the bandwith in two? What about having connected to the internet's company router as a new access point or connect it to a porwrline?

Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

connecting a powerline with R7000 on AP mode would be better. 

connecting the R7000 directly to the modem/router would be okay too as long as you will be connecting longer ethernet cable.

so you wont spend money yet buying a new device i suggest you test the wireless repeating first and if you have a long ethernet cable test the AP mode and compare the throughput on each setup.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements