Better scheduling possible?

Better scheduling possible?

My previous setup used a wrt-54g and a d-link dir-855; because of the large number of legacy devices in my home. I changed over to the r7000, and managed to get everybody on the 2.4gHz band, and only the 'advanced' devices are using the 5gHz channel.

So far everything works fine, i guess.

What i'm missing is the advanced scheduling options the dir-855 had - with teens in the house i was able to setup a schedule for each of the kids, allowing me to disable 'the internet' for either of them if the situation requires. Also because of the age difference, it was possible to keep one of the schedules in line with 'bed time', while the other one would be able to access the net a bit longer.

Any idea if something will be implemented later on; or is this something that applies to only a limited number of buyers?
Message 1 of 8

Re: Better scheduling possible?

I've filed a ticket with Support with this suggestion. As they say, 'i'm not holding my breath' 😉
Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

They'll be out of college, based on other response times to add features. E-mail still only supports port 25.
Message 3 of 8

🙂 maybe more importantly, they may have already left the house!

One can only hope...
Message 4 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

I suggest you try Live Parental Control feature of NETGEAR. visit the site below for installation instructions :

http://netgear.com/lpc
Message 5 of 8

Hey minions08 - i looked into this, but this is a piece of software that needs to be installed on each of the machines. Which is then very easy to circumvent, etc. The DIR-855 did similar work on the router itself. Much better, since there's no need for additional software on the client machines necessary.
Message 6 of 8
phreebsd
Aspirant

we all pray for a more robust and feature rich scheduling interface. I think this is one of that last things lacking in this brand that would bring in a lot of customers that are parents.

While the parental controls is good for filtering, its not good for completely turning off the tap at a given time.
Message 7 of 8

yeah, unfortunately it's no longer possible to let the mom log into the router, and with just two clicks disable any internet connection for one of the kids. What, don't want to empty the garbage? click. Bwuhahaha ;-) Of course, the nice thing is is that they still can use the printer and other attached devices - they just can't go 'outside'. Unfortunately that has a bigger effect than just saying 'you're not getting to use the car this week'. Sigh.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E