Re: Bios 1.0.0.82 and QOS oddities

Puffnstuff
Guide

Bios 1.0.0.82 and QOS oddities

I've tried enabling QOS and I've witness strange behavior from the router while using it. The longer that it's enabled the slower the router becomes until it just stops working and I have to reboot it. I've also noticed that the temps soar while QOS is enabled. Have any of you witnessed anything like this from your routers? I've got devices hardwired and on both 2.4 and 5 ghz when this happens. I'm seriously considering rolling back the firmware to the previous version to see if it clears up.

Message 1 of 6
mediatrek
Virtuoso

I have not noticed my unit feeling warmer with or without dynamic QoS enabled. In fact the R7500 feels much cooler to the touch than when I use the R8000.

After updating the firmware, did you do a hard factory reset of the unit and then reconfigure it as you like (not using a saved prior config file) ? Also I find that after the firmware update the QoS database is back at an older version again. I manually update that database and then reboot the R7500.
Message 2 of 6
Puffnstuff
Guide

I've just resorted to disabling qos. As for temps this thing really needs active cooling, as in a 140mm fan blowing on the heatsink.
Message 3 of 6
Puffnstuff
Guide

I finally got fed up with it and rolled back to 1.0.0.76 and the weirdness ceased. Now my browsers are snappy when loading pages and when gaming it isn't all glitchy so I'm convinced that the firmware was the problem all along. It might even be the reason that my centrino ultimate n-6300 was being dropped by the network but I'm not going to put it back in to see. I'll keep you advised on how this turns out because when I got the router I immediately flashed it to 82 without running 76 at all.
Message 4 of 6
POCHOCLO
Novice

mediatrek, Hi, How do you manually update the database? I´ve just bought and updated the firmware and my database is: Version: v1.1119.g78e2762 Release Date: November 19, 2014
Message 5 of 6
marekop
Novice

Same problem with my r7500, in worst scenario after hours of intensive internet browsing, router is disconnecting me from the network (wireless connection is working at this time) for approx 30s then connection is back and this issue is repeating every 10-20min. After QOS disabled seems that this issue is gone.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E