Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blackhawk Router wireless not working

Bdericks
Aspirant

Blackhawk Router wireless not working

This morning I disconnected my ethernet cable from my router that connects to my modem.  After reconnecting and rebooting both router and modem, everything powered up fine.  My PC that has an ethernet connection to my router regained web access after a minute or so.  However, everything that is connected via Wi-Fi lost web access (even though they show connected to my SSID network).  

So I tried the usual: rebooting both router and modem again, disconnected wifi connected devices and reconnecting.  I tried logging into my router via a web interface and I couldn't connect (normally not an issue) to verify that wireless was turned on.  I should also state there is no wireless button on the router itself.  So since I couldn't interface with the router, I decided to factory reset it and pray that the default ip address or www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com would work.  No luck on this either.  I even factory restarted a few times and also rebooted my router.  All the while my pc that is physically connected via ethernet still has internet access.  But again, no wireless or no way to login into my router's interface.  I tried clearing the cache, trying different web browsers, rebooting my pc, etc.  

In a nutshell, I have tried everything I can to interface with the router's software and get the wireless to work, but no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Bdericks
Aspirant

Re: Blackhawk Router wireless not working

I should also mention that the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the wifi on/off button were all solid white, thus indicating wifi should be working.  However, the Internet icon was off, indicating that there is no internet.  I could see the SSID and connect but could not connect to the internet on any wifi device.  However, I was able to pull internet from pc that was physically connected to the router via ethernet.  After banging my head against a wall for a day and not being able to console into the router, I decided to unplug every connection and cable and basically start over, as if I had just purchased everything.  So after recabling everything and then powering everything up in order, I noticed that my Internet icon was now solid white; and then it dawned on me.....

I must have previously cabled the ethernet to the router in one of the four available ports, not the internet port.  When I took everything apart, I put it back together correctly (this time).  Now everything is working fine.  I'm still not sure why that prevented me from accessing the consoled interface, as I still had a physical connection from my computer to the router.  But at least it's working.  Layer 1.......

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

@Bdericks wrote:

I should also state there is no wireless button on the router itself. 

It is the  second "button" from the right, the LED that shows it the wifi is on off.

Message 2 of 4
Bdericks
Aspirant

I should also mention that the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the wifi on/off button were all solid white, thus indicating wifi should be working.  However, the Internet icon was off, indicating that there is no internet.  I could see the SSID and connect but could not connect to the internet on any wifi device.  However, I was able to pull internet from pc that was physically connected to the router via ethernet.  After banging my head against a wall for a day and not being able to console into the router, I decided to unplug every connection and cable and basically start over, as if I had just purchased everything.  So after recabling everything and then powering everything up in order, I noticed that my Internet icon was now solid white; and then it dawned on me.....

I must have previously cabled the ethernet to the router in one of the four available ports, not the internet port.  When I took everything apart, I put it back together correctly (this time).  Now everything is working fine.  I'm still not sure why that prevented me from accessing the consoled interface, as I still had a physical connection from my computer to the router.  But at least it's working.  Layer 1.......

Message 3 of 4

Well done.

Bet you won't do that again.

Now smack yourself over the wrist.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements