Follower

Blu ray not linking with netgear

Blu ray is a Samsung
Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: Blu ray not linking with netgear

I have no idea what you  need to do or what problem you are having?

'Dual Band' means nothing, need MODEM NUMBER of modem, DVD player too, but WHAT have you tried? Usually you do the setup in the DVD player? Did you SEE the SSID? Did you give it the correct password? Did you get an error message?

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

@skychey wrote:
Blu ray is a Samsung

I have a Samsung BluRay player.

It connects to a router either with wifi or with wired LAN.

I prefer LAN. Easy to set up. Less likely to fall over.

I use Powerline Ethernet.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

My experience with Samsung's BluRay was not as good as @michaelkenward's.  Before buying my xBox One S, I had a Samsung BR Player.  That thing was the single most unreliable piece of hardware I've ever owned.  Crapshoot everytime I turned it on.  Connects sometimes, doesn't connect (most times).  Sees the wireless broadcast, doesn't see the boardcast.  Granted it's wired connection always worked, but I bought it for wireless.

Tired various Samsung FW's too, but never got it to work reliably. 

Depending on its age, it might not support the broadcast or security your router is using.  Updating its FW might help.  Ensure you are trying to connect to a supported broadcast, and also that it supports whatever security you are using.

@skychey , that said...  you haven't givien us anything to go on.  We don't know what router you are using or the model of BR player beyond brand.  If you want "real" assistance you will need to provide this information for us.   

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.50 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.78

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Master

I also have a 2 Samsung 4K Blu ray players, both same model. They work with no issues with either wired or wifi. I keep them wired as it's more reliable. I don't want for some unknown reason to buffer and/or stop streaming (DLNA) when on wifi. On wifi, I keep only mobile devices, like smartphones, tablets and laptops. The rest that doesn't move (TV, receiver, printer, etc) is all wired here

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.78SF
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

@shadowsports wrote:

My experience with Samsung's BluRay was not as good as @michaelkenward's. 

Actually, it is about the same.

This is the key bit:

Granted it's wired connection always worked, but I bought it for wireless.

Exactly. I have up on wifi because it was so bad and unreliable.

For reference, I started with the Samsung BD-C6500 and then, because Samsung does a poor job up updating its software, moved on to the Samsung BD-F6500.

Samsung seems to be pulling out of the BluRay market. Next time it will be a different brand.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 6 of 6