Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands on Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router stopped broadcasting.

seanmac314
Aspirant

Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands on Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router stopped broadcasting.

Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands on Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router stopped broadcasting. I've conducted a factory reset multiple times to no avail.

The Power light, 2.4 light, 5 ghz light, are all lit solid white. Factory reset button does the reset, but nothing shows up after it turns back on. 

Does anyone have any tips on getting into the router to force a factory reset? Or do these symptoms sound more like my router is broken after just over a year.A very expensive router, but very short life span or so it seems. Please help!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands on Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router stopped broadcasting.

push reset until power LED flashes if you didn't already. Locate a manual and follow the trouble shooting guide using LEDS

If a reset to defaults doesn't work then try another FW V1.0.4.30 DOUBTFUL but worth a try

Message 2 of 5
seanmac314
Aspirant

Re: Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands on Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router stopped broadcasting.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't even get into the router via wi go or internet TJ make any changes to firmware. The factory reset still doesn't work. I looked through the manual and nothing worked.

Now here's to hoping for a miracle. This fairly good condition router looks to be toast. Anyone have suggestions for more durable router options? Other brands that have less likeliness to just brick on you?
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi seanmac314,

1. What are the lights now on the router after the reset?

2. Does your wired connection works?

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi seanmac314,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E