Re: Bought R7000 and already have problems!

Magic_The
Aspirant

Bought R7000 and already have problems!

Hey I bought R7000 (I am from Israel) and looks like my old Tp link 1043nd rev.1 has better wifi coverage! I live in 3 bedrooms house, and the wifi is dropping in the signal if i move to my salon, both 5ghz and 2.4ghz band, my firmware is V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 as I heard it is most stable now, please help me, this router is is supposed to have superb wifi range!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Mine does have great coverage. You should return or exchange it if ALL settings are the same as on TP.

Message 2 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

Its already opened, what I will tell them? the wi fi coverage is worse than my old tp link? will they listen to me? thanks again for the help.

Message 3 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You tell them it doesn't work as expected and your older TP has better coverage. You might have gotten a bad unit or may have installed antenna's incorrectly which I doubt. 

In the states most retailers have a 5 or 30 day return policy. No reason required other than I don't want it, Now please give me my money back.

Message 4 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

I have talked with the store that i bought there, they will will contact netgear(israel) to check further for the solution, because i want my money back.
Message 5 of 23
JamesGL
Master

Hi Magic_The,

You can try using the beta firmware for your R7000.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-Beta-FW-1-0-5-62/m-p/1078114#M31145.

Message 6 of 23
VE6CGX
Master

Just set up the wireless the usual way or anything set to auto? Pick a channel, pick a mode, pick a speed?

Message 7 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

I have done what you said before posting here without any result.. R7000, 

Message 8 of 23
zvqra
Aspirant

Try the new 1.05.64 firmware from

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
scorpiorc10
Tutor

what happened to the 1.0.6.28_1.1.83 firmware that I am on?

Message 10 of 23
VE6CGX
Master

Some recent f/w were withdrawn with problems. Latest now is 1.0.5.64    If you're willing you can try dd-wrt Kong's version which is very good.

When I was using R7000 some time ago, I used his dd-wrt with good result over all.

Message 11 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

Well, the company said everthing is ok, and they will send me it back... Ill get it in the next week, what should do after i get it?
Message 12 of 23
VE6CGX
Master

You just try it as is. No f/w update right off the bat or anything else. After making sure it is working normal, then you do what you want with it regarding config.  Some people does f/w update as soon as they get it then get into trouble. This is bad practice because you can't tell the box

was bad ti begin with or f/w caussing a problem. Keep in mind always one thing at a time.

Message 13 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

In the states the customer has rights, one is to get a refund when a product doesn't work as expected. Good Luck!

Message 14 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

Too bad that i am not from the  us.. the problem was only in its weak wifi distance, ill download  some configs like ddwrt and will see..

Message 15 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

So i got the router, and the problem seems to not solved, my wifi signal is dropping when i go to the salon, i updated to the last firmware, i disabled wmn set my wifi security to WPA2-PSK [AES], mode is set to max, please help me.

Message 16 of 23
JamesGL
Master

Hi Magic_The,

Have you reset the router to factory after the firmware? If not yet, please try resetting it and manually reconfigure.

Message 17 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

Hey JamesGL,

no i havent done it yet, will it reset the firmware version to the default?

Message 18 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Magic_The wrote:

Hey I bought R7000 (I am from Israel) and looks like my old Tp link 1043nd rev.1 has better wifi coverage! I live in 3 bedrooms house, and the wifi is dropping in the signal if i move to my salon, both 5ghz and 2.4ghz band, my firmware is V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 as I heard it is most stable now, please help me, this router is is supposed to have superb wifi range!

Thanks!

This FW was the most stable and OP had a problem with it. I suggested then he should return it, almost 3 weeks later were still talking about FW. FW cannot fix a lemon, If a TP Link 1043 had better coverage then go back to using it and or exchange the r7000.

Message 19 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

Some weird thing is going on, 

i have 100 up and 2 mega download internet plan, but now all of sudden i get speed only like 300kb.. (when downloading) and i checked in the logs and found this:

[DoS attack: Smurf] attack packets in last 20 sec from ip [,my ip goes here, what the heck?]

but when i check speed test dot net it shows that everthing is correct.. (100 up and 2 mega down) what the heck is going on??

Message 20 of 23
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could it be the download site is slow due to heavy traffic?

Message 21 of 23
Magic_The
Aspirant

definitely, looks like its ok now.

Message 22 of 23
JamesGL
Master

Hi Magic_The,

Is your issue resolved now?

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E