Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought a new NightHawk R7800 . Configuration portal is not accessible

ncoulet73
Aspirant

Bought a new NightHawk R7800 . Configuration portal is not accessible

Hi,

I bought a Netgear NightHawk R7800. It is connected to my Xfinity Router.

I have been trying to configure the router using the genie app on Phone, iPads, laptops (macs) connected on wifi or ethernet.

I have reset the router configuration to factory default.

I am still unable to access the portal. 

i'm connected to the wifi of the router, and i get the following message:

You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

After a factory reset, i have tried connect to either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, but the laptop is not able to ping these addresses and as a result i'm unable to configure the router.

Anybody has any ideas what i should be doing to fix that issue?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ncoulet73
Aspirant

Re: Bought a new NightHawk R7800 . Configuration portal is not accessible

Thank you for sharing the Information.

unfortunately it did not work.

i managed to fix my issue by disconnecting the R7800 from my comcast router, perform a factory reset of the net gear router, and configure it without the internet from an old mac through wired network.

Then I linked it to the Comcast router again, performed a firmware upgrade and now everything seems to be working fine.

i can now use the genie app and configure the router without anymore issues.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
William10a
Master

Is it the r7800 to replace the other router as the main router or a access point and is the other router's wifi still active?

Message 2 of 5
ncoulet73
Aspirant

The Xfinity router will remain active and will bring the internet to the r7800. Its wifi is still active and I believe it needs to be active as it is used in part for the home security components.

Message 3 of 5
William10a
Master

The r7800 would use as a access point and the main router will handle the ip address assigning 192.168.1.1 may be the same ip address as the main router.

Can not remember address to access the r7800 and configture it as the second in line right now.

Here is the users manual link http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7800/R7800_UM_EN.pdf

Will try to recall the information the ip address and post for you later.

Message 4 of 5
ncoulet73
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing the Information.

unfortunately it did not work.

i managed to fix my issue by disconnecting the R7800 from my comcast router, perform a factory reset of the net gear router, and configure it without the internet from an old mac through wired network.

Then I linked it to the Comcast router again, performed a firmware upgrade and now everything seems to be working fine.

i can now use the genie app and configure the router without anymore issues.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7