Bought a new Nighthawk R7800 ,set it up and not getting speed I thought I would. I have 100mbps in

preacherman57
Follower

Bought a new Nighthawk R7800 ,set it up and not getting speed I thought I would. I have 100mbps in

Message 1 of 4
fugazi
Aspirant

Re: Bought a new Nighthawk R7800 ,set it up and not getting speed I thought I would. I have 100mbps

I'm having the same problem.  200Mbps incoming and only 25-35Mbps outgoing.  Can't figure out the problem.  I'm thinking of exchanging.  I read other posts that suggest replacing will fix the speed issues. 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bought a new Nighthawk R7800 ,set it up and not getting speed I thought I would. I have 100mbps

I assume that you meant to enter a message there.

When you complete it, perhaps you could add some more detail. For example, what firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". It may not be by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

You could also provide the details that Netgear suggests in the forum header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 4

@fugazi wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  200Mbps incoming and only 25-35Mbps outgoing. 

It doesn't sound anything like the same problem. (Nor does it make much sense as described.)

Rather than hijacking a question asked by someone else, you might do better to launch your own discussion with the same details that I suggested to the first poster.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E