Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought new nighthawk ac1750 router. Cant get it to connect with my arris sb6183 modem

Suncatchers
Aspirant

Bought new nighthawk ac1750 router. Cant get it to connect with my arris sb6183 modem

Tried set up through the app. Says it can't recognize the router. When I check for the network on my cell phone it doesn't show up. When I reconnect my old router (not netgear) to my modem I have no problem reconnecting to wifi. What do I do. I am not tech savvy at all so please help with simple explanations. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Bought new nighthawk ac1750 router. Cant get it to connect with my arris sb6183 modem

What router do you have? AC1750 is a speed, not a model. 

Try installing it with a pc/laptop. You can hardwire into it for setup. 

power off both the modem and the router. disconnect coax from the modem.

connect coax back to modem. power it on. give it several minutes. 

connect lan cable from modem to wan port on router.

power the router on. give it several minutes. 

then try the setup using a pc/laptop. 

to get the install guides. go to netgear.com/support/  type in your actual modem number and it'll take you to guides, firmware, manuals. 

Message 2 of 4
Suncatchers
Aspirant

Re: Bought new nighthawk ac1750 router. Cant get it to connect with my arris sb6183 modem

The model is R6350. I don't have a computer. Only cell phones and a smart tv. So unfortunately that isn't an option. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can install it using the browser on your phone

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7