Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought nighthawk x10 and t9e when gaming i still get ping spikes when gaming

KuTcH
Aspirant

Bought nighthawk x10 and t9e when gaming i still get ping spikes when gaming

I tried everything from metered connections to cmd setting to even wall outlets for wired. I honestly don't know what to do here. When i play video games ill be fine and then my ping will shoot up to 300 for 1-5 seconds then go back to normal it it happens randomly and often some times i see it shoot up too 500+. I can't run a wire across my house but if theres a fix i would like to know

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Bought nighthawk x10 and t9e when gaming i still get ping spikes when gaming

Hi KuTcH,

Just to isolate if it is just wireless connection, can you check the wired connection if the same problem. If ever the same issue happens on wired, connect it directly to the modem to check if the issue is with the router or if it is from ISP.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Bought nighthawk x10 and t9e when gaming i still get ping spikes when gaming

Welcome to the community, @KuTcH

What's the firmware installed on your router? 

Did you try resetting the unit? 

Which wireless signal you're connecting to?

Did you try changing channel?

How far are you from the wireless router? 

Message 2 of 5
KuTcH
Aspirant

firmware V1.0.2.40

yes multiple times

tried both 2.4 and 5ghz

tried on 2.4 signals 1,6,11 all same problems tried random channels as well

roughly 40/50 ft

and i cant use powerline adapters because i live in a apartment complex, everythings been so frustrating

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi KuTcH,

Just to isolate if it is just wireless connection, can you check the wired connection if the same problem. If ever the same issue happens on wired, connect it directly to the modem to check if the issue is with the router or if it is from ISP.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi KuTcH,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7