Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought used R7000P, reset is not resetting the previous admin username & password.

Paul82
Aspirant

Bought used R7000P, reset is not resetting the previous admin username & password.

Hi, I just bought a used Nighthawk R7000P. The first thing I did was reset it, held the button in for 10 seconds, all the lights came on then went off, I was happy that it'd been reset.

I then went to log in www.routerlogin.net, the username & password should be admin & password. But they wouldn't work. After a few attempts it asked me for the serial number, so I entered that in, then it asked me for the answers to a couple questions, what was the first Netgear product purchased & best friends name...
I've been conversing with the previous owner with no luck yet...
My question, should it still be asking me for the previous owners admin username & password after I've rest it? From the trouble shooting I've found, resetting it should revert the admin login to the standard admin & password.

Please help?

Thanks

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Paul82
Aspirant

Re: Bought used R7000P, reset is not resetting the previous admin username & password.

I reset it a few more times, no different to the way I did before & now its working. Pasword reset.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Paul82
Aspirant

Re: Bought used R7000P, reset is not resetting the previous admin username & password.

I reset it a few more times, no different to the way I did before & now its working. Pasword reset.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7