Bridge with R7500

Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

Bridge with R7500

I have a R7500 I'm trying to bridge from another network with my laptop (windows 8.1) but the router doesn't seem to receive the web from it. (The internet light blinks red)
any advice?
Message 1 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Bridge with R7500

Explain how each device is configure / connected.

Bridge mode will ( if configured correctly ) connect to a router (using WIFI ) and enable it's lan ports to provide a connection to main router.

It will Not extend WIFI coverage an Will Not allow a wireless connection to it.

Message 2 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

The other Network is wirelessly connected to my laptop with a bridge connection on the laptop to the wired ethernet port. The ethernet port is wire connected to the internet slot of the router (R7500)

Message 3 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 4 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

is that on the router itself? what section is that located on?

Message 5 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

I followed the ap mode and could not relog into the device nor get the connection through it. I also tried the bridge mode directly on the device. No luck. What next?
Message 6 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

Heres what im looking at, as of my last reply (image)

photo IMG_20160808_192252878_HDR.jpg

photo IMG_20160808_192423164.jpg

Message 7 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

so it marks the ethernet connection on my pc as enabled but still has the red X on it?

I now have a random reboot (power up) where the router accepted the internet from the bridge but it now decided that the 2.4Ghz is not allowed to work and the 5Ghz is fine but the 5Ghz is set to not broadcast signal so i have to enter it manually.

I still cant log into the routers settings (http://www.routerlogin.net/ or .com/) it wont reach the page at all.

the power where I am is not always on, so Im not sure if i will be able to keep the connection alive since its proven difficult to start up?

Still seeking advice.

Message 8 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

Still seeking advice...

Message 9 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wounded_Fighter,

Please check this KB article if this is the setup you want for the R7500.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24105/~/what-is-bridge-mode-and-how-do-i-set-it-up-on-...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 10 of 13
Wounded_Fighter
Aspirant

the problem is the router isnt taking the bridge from my laptop (Wired) if you see the photo the internet port is attached to my laptop. 

im using the wifi on my laptop to connect to the internet and a bridge on the laptop to forward the internet to the router, but the router wont forward the internet from that point.

im not trying to get the router to log into another device to link the internet from it. im trying to get it to take the internet from a hard line bridge but it wont.

Message 11 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wounded_Fighter,

Bridge mode for R7500 uses the wireless connection from the main router or main connection. The connection you wanted may not  be supported by the router.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 12 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi Wounded_Fighter,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements