Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700

dune21
Aspirant

C3700

My router loses connection to network several times per day for several minutes at a time.  ISP Comcast says that problem is not with them. n This has been going on for several months, and I bought my modem/router as new this past May.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: C3700

I can't tell you what to do. 

There's con/pro's to both. 

1. call comcast: if it is a line it could fix it. If the problems internal to the home or the modem, they can potentially charge for tech visits

2. new modem/router. if its the line, the probably won't fix the issue. 

3. rent one. con: costs $ but comcast is reponsible for making sure it works. 

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 17

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and logs? Those help check the signal back to comcast. they're great at saying "its not our lines" as a first response even if it is. 

Do wired and wireless devices drop? 

Message 2 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

I only have wireless.  Here are some snips that I took.  Do these help identify the problem?Netgear Event Log.jpgNetgear logs.jpgNetgear advanced info.jpg

Message 3 of 17
plemans
Guru

posted photos need to be approved by a moderator and that can take a while. 

if you click on "choose file" and attach them, they can be viewed but its limited to 1 per post so you have to do each one seperate. 

Message 4 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

Thanks.  I sent three photos, so I'll send one now, and one each two more times.

Message 5 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

Message 6 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

I hope that does it.  This time the attachments didn't seem to get attached.  I have never done this before, so it's all very new to me.

Message 7 of 17
plemans
Guru

You didn't hit the cable connections page. 

but your logs show t3t4 errors which tend to be line issues. make sure to remove any splitters, amplifiers, or attenautors from your lines. 

Message 8 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

OK.  Here is the cable connections page.

Message 9 of 17
plemans
Guru

it doesn't look bad but its just a snap shot from when you opened the page. 

The logs indicate line issues. If you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, remove them. 

Message 10 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

I don't believe there are any attenuators or amplifiers on the line.  There may be a splitter in the attic where the cable comes in from the street.  Otherwise, I am connected right out of the cable socket in the wall of my house. 

Message 11 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

Also, is there some way to get more detail about the cable connections.  Is there some history page somewhere?

By the way, thanks for your incredible help.

Dune21

Message 12 of 17
plemans
Guru

no. the cable connections page loads when you open the page. And it clears on reboot. 

The logs are what will show long term issues. 

Message 13 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

And the logs that I sent you don't show any long term issues, is that right?  Therefore, it is your conclusion that the problem is not with my router/modem, but with the cable connections.  Correct?  Is there anything else I might look at in terms of records?

Message 14 of 17
plemans
Guru

there's always a chance its the modem. 

But t3/t4 errors tend to be line issues. 

Message 15 of 17
dune21
Aspirant

What would you suggest as the next step:  call Comcast and request a technician;  buy a new router/modem; rent Comcast's router/modem?  

Message 16 of 17
plemans
Guru

I can't tell you what to do. 

There's con/pro's to both. 

1. call comcast: if it is a line it could fix it. If the problems internal to the home or the modem, they can potentially charge for tech visits

2. new modem/router. if its the line, the probably won't fix the issue. 

3. rent one. con: costs $ but comcast is reponsible for making sure it works. 

Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7