Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000-100NAS: Repetitive T3 Timeouts while Unicast Ranging

emckee3779
Initiate

C7000-100NAS: Repetitive T3 Timeouts while Unicast Ranging

After installing my C7000 Nighthawk Router, I have seen constantly choppy performance. This is most noticable in online games, where the are multiple stutters every couple of seconds. It can also be seen in downloads, where the progress bar stops and restarts progress every couple of seconds. All of the router settings appear to be fine, but when investigating the event log, I saw that there is a constant stream of error messages related to Unicast Ranging Timeouts (see attached .JPG). 

Is this something that can be fixed on my end? From what i've seen it appears to be more of a Provider-side issue, but any help would be appreciated. 

I only provided the logs that I thought were relating to the problem I am seeing, but if any more information is needed for troubleshooting purposes please let me know!

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
emckee3779
Initiate

Re: C7000-100NAS: Repetitive T3 Timeouts while Unicast Ranging

I had the ISP come out today. It was an issue with a a filter on their end (it required them climbing up on the power line). 

From what it sounded like it was pretty routine and pretty common. 

Appreciate the response!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It also helps to have the screen snip of the cable connections page to go with the logs. 

But based off your logs alone, there's issues with the line. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in the coax line, remove them. 

Check the line for kinks/bends, damage, bad ends, loose ends, corosion, etc. 

If none of that helps, the isp needs to check the line. 

Message 2 of 3
emckee3779
Initiate

I had the ISP come out today. It was an issue with a a filter on their end (it required them climbing up on the power line). 

From what it sounded like it was pretty routine and pretty common. 

Appreciate the response!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7