Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 wifi router spectrum

wallyirish
Aspirant

C7000 wifi router spectrum

I have a C7000 purchased in 2017.  I just upgraded to 200mpbs through Spectrum, but not seeing the speed when I do a speed test (only 40-50mbps).  Wondering if I need a new router.  Is my router using 802.11g, and understand that only supports up to 56mbps.  Wondering if my routers supports 802.11n, which I think goes up to 600mbps.  

If I have to get a new router, it is what it is...but was hoping I could tweak the one I have to support the new 200mbps and get me more.   Thanks. 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
wallyirish
Aspirant

Re: C7000 wifi router spectrum

To piggyback on this, I don't think my wifi router is the combo router/modem that I keep finding on the internet.  It's just a wifi router

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 3
wallyirish
Aspirant

Re: C7000 wifi router spectrum

My wifi router is a router/modem combo, I just found out.  So I plugged the coax directly from the wall into the router, and power cycled everything.  For a while I was getting above 100mbps consistently, but it's gone back down to 30-40mbps.  

Is there something I need to do to the router in order to make it accept higher speeds?  Latest firmware is updated, but is there a config/setting that needs to be checked?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7