Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000

PABowler
Aspirant

C7000

I just upgraded from a Linksys Wireless-G router to the Nighthawk AC1900.  My wired computer, phones, and wireless firestick and Roku connections all set up perfectly but I have a desktop (XP) and laptop computer (Vista) that I am only able to get local access on wirelessly.  I hardwired the and get internet access and both computers see the router and get excellent signal strength and both seem to be connecting but it states local access and no internet access.  

I have scoured the support and discussions and haven't found anything other than an article regarding changing security settings for windows Vista and XP.

Since all the othert connections are fine I would think it would just be a setting on the computers but nothing I have tried has helped??  When I go into the Network and Sharing Center it shows a connection from the computer to an unidentified network and no connection to the internet.

Thanks for the help!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: C7000

Did you try turn off both the modem and the router?  Then turn off all the devices and computers that connect to the network.  Then turn on the modem and wait for two minutes for it to boot up and then turn on the router and let it boot up for two minutes.  After that you should be able turn on everything else.

Message 2 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi PABowler,

I would like to verify if the device is C7000 or R7000.

Message 3 of 9
PABowler
Aspirant

It is the Nighthawk AC1900 WIFI Cable Modem Router, Model C7000.    I think I am closer to finding the problem.  I downloaded the Netgear Genie and the homepage is stating WiFi Connection status is Not Enabled but I haven't found out how to enable?  (Unless this is just referring to the computer that I downloaded the Genie on,  which is hardwired)     

Message 4 of 9
PABowler
Aspirant

I tried that a couple of times LeeH and I still have the same result.

Message 5 of 9
LeeH
Prodigy

Can you log into the router using a web browser?

If you can, try configuring the router to use your computers MAC address under the Basic tab click Internet and it will be on the bottom of the page.  Then click Apply at the top of the page.  This may give you Internet access.

Message 6 of 9
PABowler
Aspirant

When I tried to log on to router using a web browser (http://routerlogin.net)  I get the Netgear Genie.   In the Netgear Genie, the Attached Devices tab lists all of the MAC addresses.  I don't have an internet tab but I do have a Wireless tab?  Everything looks good undert wireless setup and there is an apply button at the top which I tried but still no internet access.

Message 7 of 9
PABowler
Aspirant

I tried connecting the labtop to the router via cable and gain internet access again stating I am connected to Network 4.  When I disconnect the cable I get list that I have an unidentified network with local access only..

Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello PaBowler 

In the Network settings of the PC did you make sure that home network was selected not business or public.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7