Highlighted
Follower

C7000

I called to get help resetting my password and such with my netgear router that i spend about 300 dollars. 

some dude from india with all due respect very smart by the way tried to sell me some warranty for 2 years for 149, i told him no and he insisted for 109 and at the end he told me that i wasted his time because for some reason i didnt trust what was happening, Never got help i needed it looks like everything is about money and profit now in days and customer service its gone. i need some real help here what can i do ? 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: C7000

If you googled the support #, you probably got a spam/con site. The way to get in contact with support is to go to the top and click on "mynetgear". Register an account and then your device. From there there's a contact support option. 

Your options on resetting the password depend on if you setup a password recovery option or not. If you set it up, you can go throught that option. If you didn't, then you'll need to factory reset it to get back to the default login and password. 

CM2000-> Arris W31-> GS716v2-> TP-Link M9Plus
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

this would also be the forum for your device.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

CM2000-> Arris W31-> GS716v2-> TP-Link M9Plus
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

@fuzioncaribe wrote:

I called to get help resetting my password and such with my netgear router that i spend about 300 dollars. 

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Netgear.

Many of those listing are from third-party sites that pay to appear in the search engines. They then create sites that "borrow" the Netgear logo.

Those sites will also appear if you search for other makes of hardware. Using them can be dangerous.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

Netgear's support is limited to 90 days. You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements