Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 not reaching full download/upload speed

CJ_Does
Follower

C7000v2 not reaching full download/upload speed

Recently upgraded my internet speed through my provider. I should be getting 300mbps down over wireless but only get it over Ethernet.

I get around 150 via wireless. Any suggestions on how to speed the wireless up without doing a reset?

I have too many devices connected to my network and it would take me a day to set everything back up if I did a factory reset.
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

a couple things. 

1. wireless isn't as fast as wired. 

2. 2.4ghz is a slow network. ensure your testing over 5ghz. its still not going to be as fast as wired but it'll be faster than 2.4ghz

3. what device are you testing on? a 1x1 client is going to have half the speed of a 2x2 client

4. how far from the router is the device you're testing on? and whats in between the 2?

Message 2 of 3

@CJ_Does wrote:

I have too many devices connected to my network and it would take me a day to set everything back up if I did a factory reset.

You do not need to change anything on your wifi clients if you give the C7000v2 the same SSIDs and passwords as it had before the reset.

@CJ_Does wrote:

I get around 150 via wireless.

As @plemans suggests, that's not bad for many wifi clients. Put it another way, your router can deliver wifi at a gazillion miles an hour but wifi clients stuck in the slow lane will still crawl at a snail's pace.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7