Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C700v2 Settings - Upgraded Xfinity Internet

bobackr
Aspirant

C700v2 Settings - Upgraded Xfinity Internet

Hello,

I just upgraded my Xfinity internet from 200 MBPS speed to 400MBPS speed. Is there anything I need to change in my C7000v2 setting to accomodate for the extra speed? Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C700v2 Settings - Upgraded Xfinity Internet

Sometimes a factory reset/reinstall helps when changing speeds. 

Are you having issues?

Message 2 of 6
bobackr
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback.

I actually just changed speeds when I was at work. I have not tested it yet. Wanted to ensure I had the right information.

The reason I increased speeds was due to my wife having issues with video conferencing on our 1st floor. The C7000v2 is on out second floor. I do have a AC 1900 range extender. Another question that I had is would moving the range extender help with this problem. Current the range extender is 20 ft from the modem and where my wife sits for work is about 20 more feet away (down a floor).

Thanks for the help!
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

What range extender is it? 

Range extenders aren't always beneficial as single/dual band extenders will drop throughput. they're mainly extending the range and covering dead spots. The tribands are more beneficial when still in range of the router. 

Message 4 of 6
bobackr
Aspirant

Thanks again for the help.

The extender is the following:
NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Mesh Capable Wi-Fi Range Extender - Black
Model: EX7000-100NAS
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

What speed do you get directly connected to the router from the location you're trying to cover? (both upload and download)

The EX7000 is a dual band extender. meaning its going to drop throughput of what its getting from the router by 50%. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7