Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7100V Cannot duplicate 2.4 and 5 ghz SSID

Retired_Member
Not applicable

C7100V Cannot duplicate 2.4 and 5 ghz SSID

I have a C7100V that I've used for years.  My setup has the SAME SSID for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz wireless and it worked great with all my devices.  This cable modem/router  was recently damaged by power surge, so I replaced it with another (used) C7100V.

Identical configuration as my previous unit verified!  Same firmware.  However this "new" unit refuses to allow me to set the 2.4 and 5 ghz SSID the same. I get an error message and it reverts back to the previous setting each time I try.

I see no other explanation other than the possibility that these two units were designed differently even though they have the same firmware version, but if there is a way to put the "new" unit in the same configuration as my previous unit, I'd like to know how. 

How do I disable or workaround the "duplicate SSID" error message?

Thanks

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: C7100V Cannot duplicate 2.4 and 5 ghz SSID

@Retired_Member wrote:

....so I replaced it with another (used) C7100V.

I assume that you reset the "new" device" to get it forget any old settings.

@Retired_Member wrote:

but if there is a way to put the "new" unit in the same configuration as my previous unit, I'd like to know how. 

Do you have a backup of the settings on the previous modem/router? You could try reloading that.

@Retired_Member wrote:

I get an error message and it reverts back to the previous setting each time I try.

Error message where? In the browser graphical user interface?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

That is where users of these devices hang out.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7