Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100v

Oros16
Aspirant

C7100v

Sometimes out of nowhere when my wifi is working fine the power light on my modem turns red. At this point the wifi no longer works and I need to unplug and plug back in. It is rather annoying, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: C7100v

@Oros16 wrote:
Sometimes out of nowhere when my wifi is working fine the power light on my modem turns red.

Not much to go on there.

What about the other LEDs?

Something is rebooting the modem/router? Any  clues in the logs? What about the power supply?

The C7100V is a modem/router. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Oros16
Aspirant

Re: C7100v

All other lights are off and wifi no longer works. The power supply is good and no issues as for what could be rebooting it i have no idea.
Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7