Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 slow wired connection

Rcmartinsmso
Initiate

C7800 slow wired connection

I recently purchased a C7800 modem router combo to replace one I was renting from my service provider. After installing it and having the isp activate it I am getting really slow speeds on my wired connections. I have a gigabyte plan and was receiving 900mbps before installing the new hardware. Now I'm getting 60-40mbps through the wired connection. Wireless connections seem to be working fine. I tried several differant pcs and ethernet cables and get the same results. I also had my ips push the latest firmware update which didnt solve my issue.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Rcmartinsmso
Initiate

Re: C7800 slow wired connection

I contacted tec support who had me try a few differant things. I had previously set up the network from my wired pc several times with no change. They had me reset the mode/router and set it up from the nighthawk app on my mobile device. After doing this my problem was resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Rcmartinsmso
Initiate

Re: C7800 slow wired connection

I contacted tec support who had me try a few differant things. I had previously set up the network from my wired pc several times with no change. They had me reset the mode/router and set it up from the nighthawk app on my mobile device. After doing this my problem was resolved.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7